Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Episode Three - My Thoughts

Well, I admit it. I'm sad to see the smurfs go. It's not like they were Marshall and Lance and gave up, you know? So far I've resisted the urge to breakout my Ole and Lena jokes. But no longer.

Ole and Lena were having Lars and Inge over for dinner. Lena was making lefse, and she knew that Lars liked plenty of pepper on his lefse. She searched all through the cupboards for pepper but couldn't find any--but she did find a large, unmarked container of black powder way in the back, so she put it on the table.
The four of them had a great dinner, and Lars ate plenty of lefse. When Lena was cleaning up the next morning, she realized that it wasn't pepper Lars had put on his lefse, but GUNPOWDER. She called Lars to tell him what happened.
"Hey Lars? I've got some pretty bad news. That wasn't pepper you were eating, ya know. It was gunpowder."
There was a long pause on the other end, and then Lars said, "Well Lena, thanks for telling me. I was a little worried because when I got home last night I bent over to untie my shoe and accidentally shot the cat!"

Okay, back on topic.

Plain and simple: I want to go to the ice bar. They should have one at the St. Paul Winter Carnival.

Ikea: I love Ikea. I just went for the first time a couple weeks ago. I'm not a big shopper, but I any store that has a restaurant halfway through where you can get a plate of 15 swedish meatballs, 2 red boiled potatoes, gravy, and lingonberry sauce for $4.99! And they have lingonberry juice on tap, too! And some cool furniture. Like the couch we're getting.

Detour: Count vs. Build. I would have built. But that's me speaking with years and years of LEGO experience (except I started to build them when they looked like this). Except, I've had plenty of experience with the whole counting until you start sweating and dream in numbers as well. Does 40, 000 Fringe buttons separated into bags of 100 ring a bell with anyone else (couldn't link to the picture: scroll down to the 8/4 slide show. First picture. That's me and all of the boxes of buttons. And this is what I looked like after I was done)?!

There's a debate going on as to whether it was Aaron or an Ikea employee who told Jonathan to shut up. I hope it was the employee. Find that man and give him a RAISE.

Tandem bikes are hard. I do not envy any of the teams trying to ride those bikes.

And then we reach the roadblock of disaster. If I remember correctly, Phil said that of the 250 some hay things, twenty of them had clues in them. When Lena and Kristy got done at the end, she said there were "two or three more" she could try. But only eight clues were gone at that point. Does that mean that she, possible, had rolled 12 clues already and couldn't see them? See, the more I think about this the more sad I get. . But like Miss Alli said in the recaplet posted today, I would have been sad to see any of the last three teams go. Which speaks well for this batch of racers. Go casting directors!

Bolo: Didn't you ever watch Sesame Street? The last time I checked, 70 came after 69, not 82.

Mary Jean: I truly hope that the shot of you without your feet on the pedals after Don said "we've got to pedal like we've never pedaled before" was some creative editing. In any event, it was funny.

Gus: You are growing on me after you went way down with your little snow bath in episode one. But, seriously, where's Jack Bristow when you need him? Jack and Sydney Bristow as a team on this race? They would totally go all Rambaldi on your ass.

I, um, think that's it for now. Not quite sure how my thoughts got so off topic on this recap, but I hope y'all enjoyed it all the same. Now I'm going to go and fight the question of the evening: grade Hamlet papers, or watch Wife Swap?





1 Comments:

At 02 December 2004 at 07:35, Blogger Smitty said...

When CIA Agent Gus and Hera couldn't find the ice bar, I received a text message stating "No wonder we can't find Osama." Scrappy is right. Agent Sydney Bristow and her Spy Daddy would've had those Swedish beanie babies counted in 30 seconds flat, only to discover that Sark had planted a tracking device in one of the teddy bears so that he could procede directly to the hay bales without counting any pots & pans. Oh yeah, and there would've been a rambaldi artifact hidden in the hay bales instad of a clue.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home