Monday, November 29, 2004

Episode Two - My Thoughts

Sorry it's taken me so long to get my post up here, but I was in Michigan all weekend and didn't have much of a chance to sit down and get the flotsam in my head into coherent thought. Again, a great episode. But I do agree with Miss Alli in this week's recap that Jonathan's contant yelling and spaziness is detracting a little from the viewing pleasure--but I can get over it quickly. Here are my thoughts:

Lena and Kristy: So glad you two didn't go bye-bye! The next time I'm in Utah I want you to be my skiing buddies (although I must admit that Winter Park's "pizza pie, french fry!" method of teaching skiing always made more sense that "snowplow"). But both of you are probably in L.A. right now auditioning for the role of Smurfette in the live action Smurf movie.*

Freddy: You're dumb. And you lost five points for taking another clue. Seriously, no more of that.

Kendra: You are officially this season's Christie. I was seeing shades of caviar everywhere. Although, thankfully, no actual caviar.

Hellboy: You screamed for your mom? On a zipline? What are you going to do if you have to jump out of a plane? Or bungee jump? Or search through a 30-ft pile of cow shit?

Don & Mary Jean: Since you asked for the discount, I'm going to chalk up taking the wrong car as a senior moment. But it still lost you five points. Silly people. My grandfather did that once in a parking lot in Sioux Falls, back in th day when key security wasn't like it is now. But if I remember the story correctly, he actually got all the way home with it. I hope you dudes stay around for awhile because it's awesome to see an older team that doesn't feel the need to give themselves a stupid nickname like the Gutsy Grannies.

Meredith & Maria: Very sorry to see you go. But, since you did, I got to write my first song of the season!

Maria (to the tune of, obviously, "Maria" from West Side Story)
Maria, we'd just met a girl named Maria
Should couldn't drive a stick
It didn't make her quick
At all!

Maria, you wore a really cute headband
It said Barbie and had hearts
It helped us to tell you apart
From Meredith!

Maria, we will think of your accent fondly
Better than Avi and Joe's,
And Lori and Bolo's
For sure

Maria, we said hi and now goodbye, Maria!

My inner gay man failed me today and I couldn't remember any more of the tune than the refrain. Sorry for the repetitiveness.

*Okay, sorry about that. But wanted to let people know that the new application for Fringe is out. There is no live action Smurf movie. But if there was, wouldn't it be cool? Blue Man Group doubling as all the Smurfs that have no names? I'm voting on Michael Moore for papa smurf--if he would consent to switch his Michigan State cap for the red of Ohio State.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home